We provide a range of services that cover the whole IG agenda
We provide a range of services that cover the whole IG agenda including for example:
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- The Human Rights Act article 8
- The Common Law Duty of Confidentiality
- The Information Security NHS Code of Practice.
- The Records Management NHS Code of Practice
- The IG Toolkit
- The HSCIC’s Guide to Confidentiality
- The HSCIC’s Code of Practice on Confidential Information
- Information: To Share Or Not To Share? (The Caldicott 2 Recommendations)
Our services are designed to help your organisation to achieve its objectives and to gain benefits for patients, service users and the wider community through the lawful and ethical use of confidential information that it collects or shares.
One of the key findings of Dame Fiona Caldicott’s IG Review: To Share or Not to Share, recognised that we aren’t striking the right balance between protecting and sharing confidential information. The review went so far as to introduce the new 7th Caldicott principle: The duty to share information can be as important as the duty to protect patient confidentiality.
This principle sits at the heart of what we do: we want Information Governance to be an enabler rather than a blocker of appropriate information sharing.
Our Services include: